Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow! I can't believe it is the middle of January 2009 already. Where is the time going! Somebody stop this train or at least drag their feet a little bit! Dan finished wrestling and is on to baseball. He "conditions" from 6:20am to 7:30am. Then, Dana started track and she runs from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. Dan and I go pick her up and bring Denny's workout clothes and the whole fam damly walks or runs on the indoor track at the high school. You know...New Year's resolutions....blah...blah...blah. I don't feel like I have lost a pound! Those suckers are stuck to me like ticks! However, I do feel like I have more energy. Hello...need it, chasing around after kids, right? Ha!
We have had cold weather these last few days. So cold that we have had to bring in the menagerie at night (That's 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 chicken and 1 rabbit). We have them all in big wire cages and pet taxis so they don't leave gifts on the floor. All except for one cat who remains inside and at large. If you open our door from the kitchen going into the garage, you immediately hear, "Squawk, Meow, Bark, Bark, Meow, Bark, Woof, Squawk". Then 6 pairs of eyes fixate on you and it starts all over again. One of the cats has stashed herself in one of the shelves as you come out of the kitchen and go down the stairs into the garage. Once you are on the stairs, she takes it upon herself to tap you on the shoulder. Scares the bejeezus out of you! I swear I can hear her snicker. One day, I opened the door and in desperation, I yelled, "Woof" at the top of my lungs. 6 pairs of eyes fixated on me in silence. I don't know what to say......heh, heh.......

No comments: