Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good-bye Winter!

(This picture was not taken locally. I found it on the internet and thought it was pretty.)

As much as I love all the seasons, I'm ready for winter to be on it's merry way. It has been so pretty here the last couple of days. The days have been sunny and warm. All the animals have been very frisky; running and jumping. I think they are so cute when they do that!

Hershey, the rabbit, has been especially active. We see him hopping and wiggling in his pen. His soft brown ears can be seen flopping forward and back, while he hops to the fence to greet us. Then, he just has to be picked up for a belly rub. He loves that!

We took Dakota and Woody to the park over the weekend. They were walking around in the water along the lake. For some reason, Dakota is very fascinated with the ducks...heh...heh.....
The kids were having a great time. They were gathering up pieces of wood, bark and twigs to make rafts. Then, once they had assembled their "rafts", they went out on the docks and set them free. Many races were held, not to see which could go the farthest but just to see which one would float! What fun!

Now, we are looking forward to Valentine's Day and Dan's big day...His 13th birthday. Hard to believe my baby is going to be a teenager. He can't wait! It is going to be VERY special.

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday DAN!!!! Wow, can't believe your gonna be a teenager!!! I hope you have a wonderful day:)