Wow! Where has the time gone? We have done so much since the February 24th entry.
Over Spring Break, we went to my mom and dad's. We had a great time. The weather was good. Dan and Dad went fishing. Dana, mom, and I went into Lebanon to the Outlet mall. There was a party store. Dana saw this funny hat and beard for St. Pat's day. She put it on on and I started to laugh. She reminded me of her dad when I met him! Ha! Ha!
A few days after we got home, my friend, Heidi, came down to celebrate my birthday with me. We had a great time. Heidi, Denny and I went back to the Wildhorse Saloon and John Karl was playing there again. His music is great! His website is http://www.johnkarl.net/ if you're interested.
Heidi had to leave the actual day of my birthday so the kids and I went to antique shops and Old time pottery. They get bored in Old Time Pottery so I'm including a picture of the "basket" heads entertaining themselves. It was pretty funny!
One antique store we went to was really quaint. The proprietess was named "Miss Anabel". She was an older woman dressed in a white tunic and slacks. She wore a straw hat that had a chiffon scarf wrapped around the brim and the excess material of the scarf hung down her back. She was very southern. When we walked in, she said, "Ha, Ahm Miss Anabel. Welcome to my shop. How are y'all today?" I said, "Fine" (At least, I think I said "Fine" and not "Fahn"!") As we spoke a little more, she had a strange little mannerism. Everytime she agreed with something I said, she would nod her head and say "Yay-yah" instead of "Yes". When I left that shop, I had the most peculiar urge to run right home and write a book! She was quite a character!
It has been raining here alot so baseball games and track schedules have been rearranged quite a few times. However, with the rain comes the flowers. Spring is beautiful in Tennessee.
Yay-yah!

No comments:
Post a Comment