Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Traitor-maters & BANalopes"

I just have to laugh. We have this old guy stirring up trouble in our neighborhood that makes Mr. Potter look like Santa Claus. This guy even looks like Mr. Potter (from "It's a Wonderful Life"). He does some of the most infantile things to get a rise out of the people who live around here. He is the person responsible for parking 5 semi trailers on his piece of land right in the middle of our neighborhood.

We had several "go rounds" with the local redneck planning & zoning board and they have allowed it. Now, they say they are sorry because they didn't know "he would do something like that".

The neighbors were divided. Those who had little businesses close by "didn't see anything wrong with it" then, now they are sorry too. This guy is making our neighborhood look like a junk yard.

The guy across the street "voted" for the Mr. Potter guy because he has a vegetable and fruit stand he runs out of his front yard. Now he is sorry too. Sure is a bunch of sorry people around here, huh? Anyway, I told the kids, "I'm not buying ANY more tomatoes or cantalopes from that guy."

Denny stopped by the other night and bought some tomatoes and cantalopes from the "Traitor Neighbor". The kids had a fit and said, "Mom said we weren't going to buy anything from him! He voted for that mean guy!" So the kids started calling the stuff, "Traitor-maters and BANalopes". I thought that was hysterical. However, I still will NOT buy anything from him. Besides, I despise cantalope. It smells disgusting...kind of like the politics in this county. Heh...heh....

3 comments:

Harvey said...

Kids seem to get it right.......real quick, don't they?

Jodee said...

I will never cross you Deb, or you will call me out on your blog! haha I can't believe he bought from that guy! He must have been feeling "sorry" for that guy when he stopped in there! I drive by him when he has it loaded down with fruit, then I just think JERK! Glad to see your kids sticking to their guns! That was pretty funny!

Shelly said...

We are so sorry for you guys, good luck. I think this economy sometimes brings out the worst in people.