Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Tis the season!


What a fun and hectic time! Our computer died....just up and died 3 days ago. All the duck tape and silly putty holding it together just gave up the fight! I went out and bought a new one and it does everything but drive me to Walmart! How wonderful? Now, my clothes don't go out of style waiting for it to load up.

We went this past Sunday and cut down a Christmas tree at the Century farm behind us. It is 8 feet tall this year. We got down all our boxes of decorations and it was like greeting old friends. I saw the Christmas elves and angels that I inherited from my beloved grandparents. There were the wonderful homemade ornaments the kids have created through the years. Our tree hardly has any store bought ornaments on it. I love seeing the homemade treasures hanging on the fragrant branches. I found the gently packed homemade knicknacks that sit on the coffee tables. (Dana's little baby Jesus has been with us since she was in Kindergarten. Someone once asked me why we have a "turd in a pot" sitting on our table. Well, WE know it is baby Jesus!)

We watched "Fred Claus" and "It's a wonderful life" while decorating. Everything looks so beautiful. We are still looking for those perfect spots for all of our little treasures. It is not an established thing like it was in our old house. However, we are having fun reliving our memories and making new ones!

No comments: