Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Godfather


Ha! No, I'm not talking about Brando....

I haven't had much time to post in the blog because I am the family blog keeper for my uncle's (and Godfather) journey through cancer. Since we have family all over the United States, it was the easiest and most efficient way to get the word out on what is happening.
In the past week, he has gone downhill really fast. My cousin, Blake, has been calling at least 3 to 4 times per day to keep me updated. He has been really wonderful about that considering it is his father who is so ill.

Uncle Bob has been in intensive care since this past Wednesday. Yesterday, he started hospice. I am so very sad that things have turned out this way. However, I am glad he has a chance to go home and live life on his own terms.
He is the "life of the party" kind of guy; always quick with a joke or a funny story. At Christmas, my sister had these reindeer antler headbands. Pictured above are Dana and Uncle Bob in antlers.

I hope each day he is with us is a good one. I hope that everything he wants to accomplish comes true. Most of all, I wish him peace, comfort and all the love our family has to give!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

I am really sorry to hear this, I will keep him in our prayers.