I'm telling you what...this month of July has been a blur! The kids spent a few days with Mom and Dad. I just got back from meeting my mom in southern Missouri today. She said, "We had a really good time...except for when we went out in the boat yesterday." "What happened?", I asked. She said they had been having trouble with it taking on water. This is a new jon boat still under warranty. They took it in to get it fixed and yesterday was the test drive. Evidently, the boat still has some issues. Anyway, she said, "Your dad was getting aggravated trying to fix the thing. He was giving Dan some directions to help him and Dan didn't understand what he wanted. So Dad got more aggravated." Mom said, "It was kinda like watching you when you were little. Dan's eyes just glazed over whenever he asked for a tool". At this point, I'm laughing my butt off. Poor Dan! I'm feeling it, buddy! (See previous post for explanation- enough said). Webster's Dictionary has a new word: "Toolboxaphobia"
Today was also Dakota's 1st birthday. Dan's "little" puppy is weighing in at about 85 pounds. Dan bought Dakota a birthday present. It is a stuffed duck. Whenever, Dakota bites it, it quacks. He loves it! Dan calls the duck, "Goober Goose". Now, Dakota has "Wooby" and "Goober Goose". Can't you just see those two out in a duck blind? Go on, Dakota...go get the Goober Goose!
My sister and I are planning a 50th Wedding Anniversary/Family Reunion for our Mom and Dad. 50 years is quite an accomplishment and I am so happy for them! Anyway, it has been quite a deal coordinating this shindig from 2 different states. My job has been to call all the relatives and get addresses. I have had more fun learning about my family. We are a colorful bunch!
I have cousins all over; in New York, Virginia and even Alaska. Who knows where the wind will blow ya! However, the most colorful reside in Missouri. An un-named cousin from an undisclosed location in MO (if I tell - everyone will instantly know which "nut" I'm talking about!) had a story that still has me laughing. Years ago when I was in high school, we had a discussion about skydiving. That was on his list to do. When I talked to him recently, I said, "Hey, ______, did'ja ever go skydiving?" He said, "Damn, right I did! It was fun, too, until I broke my ankle." "How did'ja break your ankle?", I asked. He said, "I was drunk when I jumped". I said, "I didn't think you could skydive when you are drunk." He said, "Well, hell, the pilot was drunker than I was!"
I have no words.......not only do we have "nuts", we evidently have a few squirrels too! Love y'all!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am cracking up with Dan and your dad with the toolaphobia! poor Dan! Before you even said it, I was picturing your dad hollering for the tools! hahaha I never understood my dad either with tools...maybe that is why I think it is hilarious too!
Post a Comment